Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might have discovered a way to change windows 10 notification tray icons [and more]

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Alert Might have discovered a way to change windows 10 notification tray icons [and more]

Hello,

I found out where the the icons for the cortana and task viewer icons are and noticed there are alternate versions of each [also there's icons for other built in windows areas there as well [possibly even notification tray icons, thus the title of this post]. If you open explorer.exe [from the c:\windows folder] in a reshacker program or so forth, you will find that the icons for many of the built in windows 10 things, like cortana and task viewer are in there. I've spotted two choices of colors each with 2 different versions of the icons in the topmost folder. The colors are white and black. Now, I think if possible the icons in that area could possibly be modified. However, I don't have a decent virtual drive program since vmware requires a seperate program [of which requires its user to be part of a friggin business to use] to create virtual clones of the currently installed os, and since the only free programs out there don't work on x64 bit systems [trust me I've tried, they all failed miserably]. I was thinking that if any of the pro themers here would like to give it a go in a virtual clone of their os then this info might come in useful.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if the notification tray cons are in that specific are but, since the others are, then I thought this could eventually come in useful anyways. Either way, I just figured I'd point out this little discovery of mine, . I hope it comes in useful.

Also, I didn't know where to actually post this, so I simply posted it here. I hope that's ok.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    just go to kickass and grab a damn copy of vmware from there geezse. and no one lecture about copyright cause i will cut you off at the knees, and don't give me the bullshit about not being safe.https://kat.cr/vmware-workstation-pr...t12608348.html

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    fyi you don't need to do this in a "clone" of your os. just use the iso of your iso that you should have install in in vmware OR virtualbox(free)and then install the tool or tools you need and hack away.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nude Dude View Post
    just go to kickass and grab a damn copy of vmware from there geezse. and no one lecture about copyright cause i will cut you off at the knees, and don't give me the bullshit about not being safe.https://kat.cr/vmware-workstation-pr...t12608348.html
    That's where I go

fyi you could also just use their free VM Player that is just as good.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    , virtual box is one of the free ones i tried and for some reason it wouldn't create a working copy of my os [something to do with it being a x64 os]. Also, one of the reasons i suggested for one of the pros here to try it out is due to the fact that I wouldn't know the first thing about how to switch the icons it uses from that file, . I figured you guys would know more about that than I do, .

As for that copy of vmware I'll look into that. But for the vm player, that one also required the other extra program that vmware needed and I don't meet the requirements to use that [ofc i was trying to create a virtual clone of my os on both of those, ]

Lastly, i dunno where to get the iso for my os since it was actually pre installed on my laptop when i got it [basically it's an OEM one].

Either way, I'll still look into that vmware link, . Also this thing didn't notify me of these replies so I kinda got to em a bit late, . [not sure why, ] As for the notification tray icons, they are in that file as well, i simply forgot that i had seen them in there in a separate folder before finding the cortana and task view icons, [nothing new for me, my memory is crap, ].
    Last edited by Nimbi; June 5th, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Darkwater409 as for an iso just see which version of 10 you have and go straight to microsour and grab a copy. you are entitled to a copy even though your's is oem. you could blow up the tower and you would still be legally entitled to a copy of the version that came with the tower, cause you did purchase that copy regardless of what they may claim. they like to try to tell you different. now make sure you get build 10586 since i'm sure that's what build you're running. need anything else just holler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information