Hybrid View

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Yeah the time is running out to upgrade for free. There's only that method of patching available to safely use on TH2 now. The patching has to be done manually and you probably want to use TakeOwnershipEx Some people seem not to be affected with the flashing screen bug still using the old way of replacing system files and having black squares in their personalization pane. But to be on the safe side it's best to not even try to get that old method of patching to work, since there are definitely people that have that bug, rendering the OS unbootable.
    ye i messed up my last attempt by having that exact issue thankfully i test in a VM first so no harm to my system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph699 View Post
    ye i messed up my last attempt by having that exact issue thankfully i test in a VM first so no harm to my system
    A good idea is to make snapshots or backups of your VM as soon as you have it installed and all your files copied over so it's easy to restart if something goes wrong.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    A good idea is to make snapshots or backups of your VM as soon as you have it installed and all your files copied over so it's easy to restart if something goes wrong.

Shemhamforash might want to look at and let peeps know to use dhjohns new auto-installer works on 10240, 10586, and 14393. it is pretty sweet. i have tested all 3 versions throught the current .5 on 14393 in vm and not one issue. as for the vms if you're concerned that you might mess something up just create a subfolder in the folder you told your vm program to store your image in and copy all files from the main folder to the new subfolder. this way if you do mess something up just delete all the files in the parent folder and replace with the files from the subfolder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2635599 View Post
    Shemhamforash might want to look at and let peeps know to use dhjohns new auto-installer works on 10240, 10586, and 14393. it is pretty sweet. i have tested all 3 versions throught the current .5 on 14393 in vm and not one issue. as for the vms if you're concerned that you might mess something up just create a subfolder in the folder you told your vm program to store your image in and copy all files from the main folder to the new subfolder. this way if you do mess something up just delete all the files in the parent folder and replace with the files from the subfolder.
    I might look into using it, but dhjohns auto-installer doesn't actually patch the system does it? It just installs the themes and optionally:

Add Classic Appearance Settings to Desktop Right-Click Menu
    Remove Quick Access
    Remove Delegate Folders
    Remove Both Quick Access, and Delegate Folders
    Hide One Drive Icon from File Explorer Navigation Pane
    Hide Removable Drives from File Explorer Navigation Pane
    Increase Taskbar Transparency
    Enable Blur in Taskbar and Start Menu
    Change Alt-Tab View to Transparent, and Show Desktop

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    thank you everyone, im testing now with the 1511 pro x64 retail version its the only one i have at hand without spending the next couple hours downloading a new iso.

i havent once done any updates so maybe that could be the issue however they usually mess up any themes/ options which is why i dont usually do them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph699 View Post
    thank you everyone, im testing now with the 1511 pro x64 retail version its the only one i have at hand without spending the next couple hours downloading a new iso.

i havent once done any updates so maybe that could be the issue however they usually mess up any themes/ options which is why i dont usually do them.
    Before you patch and apply any custom themes you should always do all system updates. Same thing goes for Windows 7, 8, 8.1. It can be a pain like having to update from Windows 8 to 8.1 but it's something you should always do before doing any patching and applying custom themes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information