Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhispers View Post
This still works but Recently Microsoft updated the XBOX APP to nolonger support older versions of windows so as long as you do not update XBOX APP to the new "XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION" you should be ok.

I did not know this unfortunately and now my xbox app is no more its updated to the xbox console companion and I currently don't know anyway to downgrade.

This just recently happen during E3 a couple days ago. You can read more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com..._xbox_console/

Might have to reinstall windows and just not update the xbox app. As this is the only way I know to keep this going unless you want to reinstall windows to the latest build ???

( anyone have any ideas ? )

TL;DR

XBOX APP E3 UPDATE renamed "Xbox Console Companion" will not open on older versions of windows? temp work around DO NOT UPDATE XBOX APP. (sadly everyone prob updated it and now have to reinstall windows because of this)

Edit:

I think if I was able to find a previous version of the appxbundle I could side load this but I can't find any on the web currently still searching.

Microsoft.XboxApp_19.19.28029.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppXbundle might even work if I can find the AppX file.
Tried on W10 LTSC 2019?

I've the problem on W10 LTSB 2016, on 3 computers. I'm not able to launch the Xbox companion since the update.
I think, you're right when you say it's not compatible with old W10 (like LTSB 2016).

I'm proceding upgrade to the LTSC 2019. Wait & see.
If after the upgrade, the problem still there, I downloaded the W10 Enterprise 1809, I will extract the WindowsApp directory from the install.wim and start again from the beginning.