Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Important Tip for Recoloring Themes Share

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    155 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Looking at the slate recolor I did of the white HUD theme, since I didn't use Restorator for mass extracting of all the theme's images to recolor, this one does not seem to have any images that need to be corrected. Let me know if you have seen otherwise. It seems just the black theme needed those corrections from my end at least.
    register or log in to view signatures!

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    762 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    It looks to me like all the images changed noticeably after 1. Hitting edit image on the red theme 2. Saving image to desktop using PS 3. Replacing slate theme images. The only ones I couldn't notice immediate difference most likely due to being at 100px was the scrollbar arrows and the breadcrumb search images.

It seems like it would be an extra step to import the images into the red theme and check the premultiplication box, export that image and then import it into the slate theme. Just trying to get my head around that one, I know that is what you said originally to do but if I'm editing the .msstyles using WSB only I'm guessing I'm good just saving the image to desktop using PS after hitting edit image inside of WSB.

It was really helpful with the HUD images you linked, I was able to replace all the ones you attached without any issues, now I just need to update the white HUD theme and I can continue with the first purple theme recolor, I'm not planning on using Restorator for anything other than I have used it for extracting all the images, double checking images have been replaced at the end. I will change those few images at the end that appear incorrect from Restorator using edit image in WSB.
    I found out some more interesting info about fixing images that you have already done to avoid having to recolor them again, open one of the images in Photoshop that has become darker then go Layer > Matting > Remove Black Matte this removes the alphapremultiplication and then you can save it again and it will be fixed.
    Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    155 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    I found out some more interesting info about fixing images that you have already done to avoid having to recolor them again, open one of the images in Photoshop that has become darker then go Layer > Matting > Remove Black Matte this removes the alphapremultiplication and then you can save it again and it will be fixed.
    This is much easier since they're already recolored just removing the Black Matte. I could set that up as a batch command for all the recolored images. On the other hand I have a hard time seeing a difference for example in the Programs image in your post versus before removing black matte. I was using the eye dropper tool and it wasn't detecting any darker colors. I did remove the Black Matte from the start menu images you earlier linked in an archive, and that worked well.

Edit: Just applied the batch remove black matte. There are quite a few images that need the fix anyways, so I figure I will just replace purple recolored images I already added with the recolored images that have black matte removed, just to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Shemhamforash; 08-27-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I have a question that's somewhat related. I started with trying to create my own theme 2 days ago, and one of the things that really annoy me is that whenever I start WSB, that I loose my custom palette. Is there any way to save my palette before exiting WSB?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information