Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible?

Hybrid View

AlphaOmega

Is it possible?

I have windows 7 home premium.

This question has been bugging me for some time.Is it possible to have the font that is under the icons on your desktop INSIDE an icon? If i wanted to make an icon for google chrome,i would like to be able to put the font inside the icon.This way i can make my own personal icons and i have it the same way as i do my chrome browser start page.would be awesome,but for some reason i think it is impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    AlphaOmega I just tried out this trick and it works for desktop icons:

Hide Desktop Icon Text on Windows 7 or Vista

Some icons are just obvious enough that nobody should need text below them to tell them what the icon is for. A good example of this is the icon for Internet Explorer. We’re all really used to it by now, and the text just makes it ugly.

Just right-click on the shortcut, and choose Rename. Now hold down the Alt key and type in 255 on the keypad to the right of the keyboard. You can’t use the number keys right above the keyboard, they won’t work. If you have a laptop, you can turn on numlock and then use the little number keys next to the regular letters. (You know you always wondered what they were for)

For the first shortcut on the desktop, a simple Alt+255 will do. For the next shortcut, you’ll have to enter the combination twice (Alt+255, Alt+255). For the third, 3 times… you get the idea.
    The way this works is that the Alt+255 character is blank, so the shortcut filename is actually just named with a character that is completely blank. Since you can’t have two shortcuts or files named the exact same thing, the second shortcut will have to be named with two blank characters.
    Now we have a sweet looking icon on the desktop, with no bothersome text beneath it.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Shemhamforash he's talking about either overlaying the icon image with it's name or replacing the icon image with the name of the icon. i'm assuming the first is what he wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2635599 View Post
    Shemhamforash he's talking about either overlaying the icon image with it's name or replacing the icon image with the name of the icon. i'm assuming the first is what he wants.
    Sure, but he could add the text to the icon image using an image editor if the text from the bottom of the icon is removed

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Sure, but he could add the text to the icon image using an image editor if the text from the bottom of the icon is removed
    yea that's all i can think of. i don't know of any icon editors that you can do that with so just a standard image editor.

AlphaOmega
    This is what im talking about.I want my desktop to look like my browser page.I have the icon,but i want to beable to insert the text the same way as you see in the screenie.So basically what you see in the screenie is what i want on my desktop.

Attachment 75111

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information