Thread: How can I 'exclude' a program from being skinned/theme'd ?

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Question How can I 'exclude' a program from being skinned/theme'd ?

How can I 'exclude' specific applications from being 'skinned' by the currently applied windows visual style?
    I remember how Stardocks 'WindowBlinds' had options where you could 'exclude' specific programs
    from being skinned, along with options where you could assign 'individual themes' to 'individual programs'.
    How can this be done using custom themes like HUD Machine Red.theme, MS One Blue.theme, and
    standard visual styles like the basic aero.theme ? Is there a program out there that can accomplished this?

ŞіĿνerΉλщҚ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    It can't be done with traditional themes. Maybe with some other proprietary app like window blinds but not .msstyles and therefore not themes on here. If it is a white background for some apps you want while still using those themes than that is possible.

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Bummer
    ... I really didn't think so, but I had to know for sure.
    Yes indeed... Could you please explain how to make the backgrounds white for specific apps ?
    Are 'background colors' the only visual element that can be altered on a per app basis ?
    How about assigning 'text colors' on a per app basis ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SilverHawk; September 25th, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

ŞіĿνerΉλщҚ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post

Bummer
    ... I really didn't think so, but I had to know for sure.
    Yes indeed... Could you please explain how to make the backgrounds white for specific apps ?
    Are 'background colors' the only visual element that can be altered on a per app basis ?
    How about assigning 'text colors' on a per app basis ?

Thanks!
    The background color being turned to white or another color is not so much a per-app basis, it is also going to effect all other apps in most circumstances. The idea is that you can use a theme and have a light background for anything you have to type in or read from, for example notepad. To try for yourself, Mr GRiM made the equinox theme which has white backgrounds https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...-the-Titans-VI and then someone else made the Equinox Black Edition theme which has black backgrounds https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...-Black-Edition

I can't think of too many themes on Windows 7 that have a light variant, I think the HUD Machine themes have a light theme and also Annihilator has a light theme.

If you want a quick and dirty way to change the themes to having a light background, you need to own a copy of Windows Style Builder and try changing Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > WINDOW to white. After doing this globally all apps (I think) that you use for text and typing should be white. Control panel and explorer remain dark. There is probably other things you may want to do such as change some white text to black or change text shadow colors, I'm not sure what else you'd defintely want to change. Same thing goes for text color, most of the time it would be a global change in the theme.

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Where could I get Windows Style Builder? Is that the main tool used in creating themes like Mr. Grims HUD themes?

ŞіĿνerΉλщҚ

Thread Information