Hybrid View

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

aeroglass gui question.

shemhamforash posted a link to the aeroglass gui and i am using it but i had a question about the interface
    i am using grims hud red theme a bit modified, but no major changes except the start button and background image.
    on the aeroglass gui under theme on the second tab it has theme atlas, i created one hitting the export theme atlas button,
    saved it to the hud red theme folder i am using, and then selected it as the atlas image. i am not sure if thats the correct way to do
    this or not?

second on the same tab under theme it says glass reflection image and has a browse button, i have no clue where i should
    look for this or even what to look for.

any help with this would be appreciated

Quasi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
    shemhamforash posted a link to the aeroglass gui and i am using it but i had a question about the interface
    i am using grims hud red theme a bit modified, but no major changes except the start button and background image.
    on the aeroglass gui under theme on the second tab it has theme atlas, i created one hitting the export theme atlas button,
    saved it to the hud red theme folder i am using, and then selected it as the atlas image. i am not sure if thats the correct way to do
    this or not?

second on the same tab under theme it says glass reflection image and has a browse button, i have no clue where i should
    look for this or even what to look for.

any help with this would be appreciated

Quasi
    Why would you want to use a theme atlas if you are already using a custom theme? The atlas image changes the window borders and caption buttons. Most of the time you'd rather just use a custom theme and the caption buttons (close, maximize etc) and frames contained in the original theme.

Usually I put atlas and reflection images in the AeroGlass installed directory. I've heard it can cause problems at least with the older GUI if reflection images are somewhere else.

The reflection image is that Vista/7 style transparent image in behind the dwm transparent frames. So if you move the window around the reflection image interacts with that movement and follows it.

They used to be part of the theme in Windows Vista/7, now they have to be applied seperately in the Aero Glass GUI. They were located here in WSB:

Mr GRiM usually included them with his installers. These are the those reflection images and also the red/blue one is by Razorsedge and the other blue one is by bigcyco1
    Attached Images       

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Why would you want to use a theme atlas if you are already using a custom theme? The atlas image changes the window borders and caption buttons. Most of the time you'd rather just use a custom theme and the caption buttons (close, maximize etc) and frames contained in the original theme.

Usually I put atlas and reflection images in the AeroGlass installed directory. I've heard it can cause problems at least with the older GUI if reflection images are somewhere else.

The reflection image is that Vista/7 style transparent image in behind the dwm transparent frames. So if you move the window around the reflection image interacts with that movement and follows it.

They used to be part of the theme in Windows Vista/7, now they have to be applied seperately in the Aero Glass GUI. They were located here in WSB:

Mr GRiM usually included them with his installers. These are the those reflection images and also the red/blue one is by Razorsedge and the other blue one is by bigcyco1
    Atually the theme atlas export is pretty cool, you can take your favourite frame from one theme and add it to another one, not only that but it also applies the correct system metrics when doing so, I think it's a great feature.
    Attached Images  

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    Atually the theme atlas export is pretty cool, you can take your favourite frame from one theme and add it to another one, not only that but it also applies the correct system metrics when doing so, I think it's a great feature.
    I think so too. I was doing some experimenting with them in RS2. I was thinking it might be a good replacement to full theme imports if they break the themes again

https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...l=1#post319234

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Here are a few more examples of using an atlas image (these are great):

Grey theme (Black edition)

Black theme (Thin white line)

I think that these two base themes would look good with any custom atlas image. What do you think? It may make more sense using the atlas image with a more minimalist theme, because a lot of images used in themes for older versions of Windows 10 are no longer used now anyways. So as long as there are a couple good base themes by Mr GRiM and gsw953 I think it would be a good solution doing it this way.
    Last edited by Shemhamforash; October 16th, 2016 at 01:11 AM.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Is there a tutorial on this? Does aeroglass need to be installed? If not how does it work? I would like to give it a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by dhjohns View Post
    Is there a tutorial on this? Does aeroglass need to be installed? If not how does it work? I would like to give it a go.
    You apply a theme in RS1/2 and hit export theme atlas image. Then you have your atlas image and .layout file (both need to be in the same location). You then select browse and select the atlas image. You need Aero Glass installed obviously and the newest Aero Glass GUI tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information