Thread: Help with creating futuristic interface walls

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:

Help with creating futuristic interface walls

Hello, I have been wondering how some of you have created wallpapers with lots of textures, overlapping layers, shadows, colors, honeycomb patterns, etc. I will tag some users so you know what style of wallpapers I am referring to.

For example by Clipsy-Moon

Maybe some places to find resources, tutorials, videos etc would be helpful thanks. I have been getting more used to doing some design with PhotoShop CS6 but I am a beginner with creating even basic images, there are so many features it does become overwhelming at times because until more recently I have been using just Gimp since it runs native on my Linux installation. So where to start with trying to make this kind of wall?

Deviantdon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    349 Thread(s)

Sex:
    textures, overlapping layers, shadows, colors, honeycomb patterns. deviantart is a great source. also their are a few on the site that have tutorials and videos. also youtube is a great place for tutorials.
    most of what i do, i have learned on my own by trial and error but a few good people have helped me also. onemanarmy, designfjotten,gsw953,razoredge,mr.grim. the thing with photoshop is patience. if i have done anything that strikes you let me know. i may have the psd file for it as ive always saved my projects and will send to you if you like to mess around. as far as styles and things go. deviantart is the place to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Yes, it would be helpful to see how the psds are constructed. If possible maybe https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/55596-lines or https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/54954-blackout thanks man.

Deviantdon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    349 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Yes, it would be helpful to see how the psds are constructed. If possible maybe https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/55596-lines or https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/54954-blackout thanks man.
    give me a few to locate them on my drives. if there are any others let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantdon View Post
    give me a few to locate them on my drives. if there are any others let me know.
    Anything works bro, I'm just interested in how they look in the PSDs. I remember Mr GRiM gave me the HUD Red psds and it gave me a new respect for theme building. Whether or not I make something like that is debatable, I'm just interested in how you do it since I have been spending a bit more time with wallpapers lately.

Deviantdon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    349 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    Anything works bro, I'm just interested in how they look in the PSDs. I remember Mr GRiM gave me the HUD Red psds and it gave me a new respect for theme building. Whether or not I make something like that is debatable, I'm just interested in how you do it since I have been spending a bit more time with wallpapers lately.
    sent Pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information