Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porting straight from 7 to Creators Update?

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:

Crying Porting straight from 7 to Creators Update?

Does anyone know of a way to port themes straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Creators Update?

I have been trying to port Razorsedge theme John Wick from 7 to TH2 then from TH2 to Creators update and it is just not working, every time I try I get "there is an error in the .msstyle file" in WSB when trying to test.

If someone knows the easiest way to get themes from 7 to the CU and could post instructions I would be more than happy to port it.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; August 16th, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Sorry mate the only way I know of is to port it to TH2 and then to creators update.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to port themes straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Creators Update?

I have been trying to port Razorsedge theme John Wick from 7 to TH2 then from TH2 to Creators update and it is just not working, every time I try I get "there is an error in the .msstyle file" in WSB when trying to test.

If someone knows the easiest way to get themes from 7 to the CU and could post instructions I would be more than happy to port it.

okay so i have imported john wick successfully to windows 10 creator's update
    & if im guessing right .. the error was most likely due to the Mincolordepth being set to 6 ... works for win7 but not at all for win10... i had one of my own themes throw me errors when i tried to tinker with this value a while back... so ill be continuing to work on this but in case you want to go at it yourself mate .. im uploading the imported theme for you..import fix stylehack is applied..& aside from that pretty much untouched .. i just fixed up the task item button metrics & fixed the colour for the navigation pane & reading pane.. also the shellstyle is the default navigation with standard text..

John Wick RS2.rar
    Last edited by devillnside; August 18th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
    D@rkside Of Aquarius™

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by devillnside View Post
    & if im guessing right .. the error was most likely due to the Mincolordepth being set to 6 ... works for win7 but not at all for win10... i had one of my own themes throw me errors when i tried to tinker with this value a while back... so ill be continuing to work on this but in case you want to go at it yourself mate .. im uploading the imported theme for you..import fix stylehack is applied..& aside from that pretty much untouched .. i just fixed up the task item button metrics & fixed the colour for the navigation pane & reading pane.. also the shellstyle is the default navigation with standard text..

John Wick RS2.rar
    Awesome! Just gotta wait for someone to compile the rest of that in, . I wouldn't know enough to compile the entire .theme file from scratch . Especially without all the other stuff it uses, . But definitely glad you got the shell and .msstyles figured out

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    Awesome! Just gotta wait for someone to compile the rest of that in, . I wouldn't know enough to compile the entire .theme file from scratch . Especially without all the other stuff it uses, . But definitely glad you got the shell and .msstyles figured out

don't worry ill get it done mate .. just been caught up with work related stuff for the last two days

UPDATE: Dark Knight is already on it...he's porting it to Win 10
    Last edited by devillnside; August 20th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    D@rkside Of Aquarius™

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by devillnside View Post

John Wick RS2.rar
    Geeze! I would have never found the problem in a million years! Much thanks! as soon as I get my aeroglass issues fixed I can go to work on this!

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information