Thread: ASUS GPU Tweak II

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    260 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    Yeah, MSI Afterburner should only be used on MSI systems. If used on anything else it tricks the system into thinking it's running MSI and that can over time cause some pretty serious damage. Mine kept powering down when I used it because it wasn't doing the job properly. Unless your on an MSI system, I would strongly advise against using MSI Afterburner. [my fan is a cruddy stock fan which is why I needed proper clocking software].

As for Radeons over-clocker, that isn't very user friendly, it claims to allow modification but in reality it's fairly locked down, and that makes it pretty much impossible to use without all kinds of excess software. Personally I just use this one. It does pretty much everything I need it to.
    good to know. Thanks

Skilled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    123 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I've used MSI Afterburner for years with Sapphire, XFX, Diamond, Gigabyte, but never owned an Asus card and none have ever had any issue, died or developed problems from using MSI AB. Only issues I've had are ones I created by pushing too much voltage, too high clocks, or not setting fan curve up.

On my older R9 290X (Diamond reference) I flashed a few Asus VBIOS just to compare the 2 application's as Asus GPU Tweak had some options grayed out, and after the flash to Asus VBIOS the options were available. Just voltage and power limit control but ended up flashing back as I found MSI AB worked better for my needs.

You can go here https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/msi...discussion.55/ to find out any extra info about MSI AB. Not trying to derail the thread just don't really agree with your statement that it should only be used with MSI cards

AMD 5800X, ASRock X570 Taichi, 32Gb (2x16) G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800, MSI Gaming X RTX3060, Kraken Z73, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic Platinum 860W, ADATA SX82001Tb M.2 , Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    nice app. this and i am using this on my old pc with nvidia asusu strix gtx 960 2gband working great
    now changed to nvidia msi gtx 1080ti gaming x trio and testing MSI afterburnedr but now using MSI Gaming app. more better for me because very easy to use
    can overclocking cpu and gpu and changing motherboard color,fan color and speed,gpu color and all other if you are using all msi products this app is all in one withouth mystic light
    more appreciated is easy silent mode gamig mode and oc mode
    i am using oc mode for cpu i7 8086k anniversary edition up to 5ghz and msi gtx 1080ti gaming x trio and loving this auto oc mode because i am on 4k display and on inactivity
    cpu working only on 800mhz and gpu on 140mhz
    silent mode activity cpu working on default 4ghz and gpu on 1596mhz
    gaming mode activity cpu working on 4,5ghz and gpu on 1650ghz
    oc mode activity cpu working on 5ghz and gpu on 1683mhz

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    have to agree use msi on various setups without ever having a problem, now as for liking it for my needs no i prefer the asus tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information