Hybrid View

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:

Explorer TreeView in Windows 10 v1809

It seems in the latest Windows v1809 the TreeView background no longer applies.
    Until now the TreeView background in Windows Explorer was changed in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Background > FILLCOLOR
    and the text color was possible due to a hack to the shellstyle.dll but that no longer works as well.

Any idea on how to make it work again? Maybe some clever hacking of the shellstyle.dll?

Thanks in advance!

Elite

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    758 Thread(s)

For now you could make Font & System Metrics > Window fillcolor the color you want in the Navpane
    and Windowtext color the text color you want,That's how most of my 1803 themes were made originally and they seem to be working fine on 1809

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure you understood my problem... have a look here: https://snag.gy/ujKoze.jpg
    In 1803 everything went fine but in 1809 I can't find a way to set the color of the sidebar treeview differently from the window color. Same with the text. So themes like the one above will loose their appeal.
    As you can imagine looking at this example if I make the Font & System Metrics > Window fillcolor dark blue it will look like crap in the other software.

The only way to solve this, I think, is to hack shellstyle.dll but not sure how.. so any ideas would be welcome

Elite

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    758 Thread(s)

yes,I understand,it would not work for that theme(for my dark themes it works fine)
    new classmaps need to be added to WSB(see here https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...l=1#post336239 )but I won't have time until after the weekend,maybe Mr.Grim will get it done sooner

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by dpcdpc11 View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure you understood my problem... have a look here: https://snag.gy/ujKoze.jpg
    In 1803 everything went fine but in 1809 I can't find a way to set the color of the sidebar treeview differently from the window color. Same with the text. So themes like the one above will loose their appeal.
    As you can imagine looking at this example if I make the Font & System Metrics > Window fillcolor dark blue it will look like crap in the other software.

The only way to solve this, I think, is to hack shellstyle.dll but not sure how.. so any ideas would be welcome
    Back in the Window 7 days that was a possibility, no so much with Windows 10, one does not just start playing around with the shellstyle.dll file, it can brick or render ones system un-bootable in Windows 10. Have some patience, 1809 is only what? 3 days old in the mainstream, we knew something would come up. Give it a little time and the powers that be will get us straight again.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the help guys!

The solution was to add 2 new classes to the theme:
    DarkMode::ExplorerNavPane
    ExplorerNavPane

These will be added to the Unknown classes where you need to add the fill color and text color you prefer.

Thread Information