Threaded View

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

A Heads Up About Comcast

Sometime yesterday cuomcast chose to upgrade select users to ipv6 ip's WITHOUT informing them they were doing so. i could not get back on line until i refreshed my network setting in mint and that's when i noticed they switched us to ipv6. today we had issues staying connected and when i checked the brilliant people of cumcast had us on a ipv6 ip with ipv4 dns settings. called them and they swore we did no such thing, but my setting in mint, 2 ip lookups and going to a site that i was banned at for handing a asshat his ass tells me that they lied and did change the ip without informing us. the point i'm getting at is if yesterday or today you are having issues with your cumcast internet connection it just may be that they changed your ip without informing you. one additional note because of this my roommate had to rerun windows. now when he tried to get to any site that hasn't switched from ipv4 to ipv6 he can't, but every ipv6 site he goes to loads instantly. this is an EPIC fail on cumcast part.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; November 20th, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information