Thread: Highlight text - Please help modifying shellstyle.dll

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Highlight text - Please help modifying shellstyle.dll

Hi, I really need an helping hand with this problem: I want to modify an existing theme that I want to use, it's almost perfect except for one thing: it's a dark theme (ok), and when I press F2 to rename a file the text goes black and it becomes hard to see the letters. I'm gonna trying to explain this in detail whit the support of images:

Suppose I have this window open in my desktop (obviously with the theme in question):

This is only an example. As you can see, I have shellstyle.dll selected. OK. Now I press F2 to rename the file:

Now that I've pressed F2 (or right click, rename) I'm in "renaming mode" (let's call it so). As you can see, the text turns black, an it is hard to see.

I'm not so expert but I would like to make this theme better. I need to know which string of the shellstyle.dll I need to change...
    "Vitam impendere vero"

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUMi View Post
    Hi, I really need an helping hand with this problem: I want to modify an existing theme that I want to use, it's almost perfect except for one thing: it's a dark theme (ok), and when I press F2 to rename a file the text goes black and it becomes hard to see the letters. I'm gonna trying to explain this in detail whit the support of images:

Suppose I have this window open in my desktop (obviously with the theme in question):

This is only an example. As you can see, I have shellstyle.dll selected. OK. Now I press F2 to rename the file:

Now that I've pressed F2 (or right click, rename) I'm in "renaming mode" (let's call it so). As you can see, the text turns black, an it is hard to see.

I'm not so expert but I would like to make this theme better. I need to know which string of the shellstyle.dll I need to change...
    https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment...8&d=1357089489 Have you tried using the Right Click Take ownership Tweek Before you rename it? Here it is if you need it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Donkuz, thank you for answering, but my question has nothing to do with permissions or renaming problems. In the images I posted there was shellstyle.dll, but that's not the point, it can be any files in any directory.

The issue is that when I rename a file, the text turns black, and I can't read it easily.

Since I can't reach the author of the theme I'm using (Back in Black) and he\she is not a member of this forum, I'm seeking advice on how I can modify the theme by myself.

Windows 10 Home 1809, by the way. Any help or hint is really appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by AlphaUMi; December 13th, 2018 at 10:57 AM.
    "Vitam impendere vero"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hello how to change the color of the context menu or put a picture thank you in advance

Thread Information