VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

theme request + questions

i'll start with the questions

1st: is there any programs to create taskbar's/start menus? (preferably free as i'm really poor)
    2nd: do task bar skins have to be specific dimentions? or are is it more relaxed? (like example: with the steampunk theme, would it be possible to have the task bar skin much larger at the start bar area, and have it with like gears that'ld be like used to raise the start menu but the rest of the task bar regular sized)
    3rd: can the start menu orb be larger or must be preset size?
    4th: can the start orb and/or the task bar have animations? (another example useing same steampunk theme) i'm imaginging the start orb being a steam canister powering gears, when you press the start menu button the gears rotate raising the start menu, is that or anything like that possible?)

request:
    1st: the above if it's possible
    2nd: a sea of theves theme, using guns as cursor, chests as start orb? with an icon pack sea of thieves/pirate themed

thanks for any answers just recently found this (found it the other day with the steampunk theme) and am already addicted in matter of 2 days i was already up to having 16 different layouts haha.

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by awol_lsd View Post
    i'll start with the questions

1st: is there any programs to create taskbar's/start menus? (preferably free as i'm really poor)
    2nd: do task bar skins have to be specific dimentions? or are is it more relaxed? (like example: with the steampunk theme, would it be possible to have the task bar skin much larger at the start bar area, and have it with like gears that'ld be like used to raise the start menu but the rest of the task bar regular sized)
    3rd: can the start menu orb be larger or must be preset size?
    4th: can the start orb and/or the task bar have animations? (another example useing same steampunk theme) i'm imaginging the start orb being a steam canister powering gears, when you press the start menu button the gears rotate raising the start menu, is that or anything like that possible?)

request:
    1st: the above if it's possible
    2nd: a sea of theves theme, using guns as cursor, chests as start orb? with an icon pack sea of thieves/pirate themed

thanks for any answers just recently found this (found it the other day with the steampunk theme) and am already addicted in matter of 2 days i was already up to having 16 different layouts haha.
    Gday Mate Greatings from Australia, Welcome to VC Friend. I just read your post and I was Instantly Interested in your Concepts, as for how far you go would be a matter of trial and error to find out if it would be possible. I have made 3 themes and one in the works at the moment finishing off, in regards to your Questions, I might be able to share some software with you to have a go at it. With Start Menu and Taskbar you should stick to the Default Size unless you really know what your doing, I believe Razorsedge Created The Original Steampunk Theme you may be able to get some more help with Dimensions from him if you send a PM. Start Orbs max out at 32x32pixels which is about the Default width of your Taskbar so I wouldn't go any bigger. Iv'e seen a lot of different themes here but I cant say Ive seen a mechanical Animated Start Menu (yet) This I would really like to see, Finally as for Cursors and Orbs there are litarally 1000's of them to chose from and anythings possible with these, Anyway PM me for more info and I will help you. Cheerz!!

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    kk cool, i'll pm but figured i'ld reply here for others reading the thread. but yeah lots of cool things here i'm VERY newb to customizations (i'm sure you could tell haha) not only am i new here, but this site is actually the first i found about customization haha so the little i have learned i've learned here and with trial/error with things i've gotten here. but i'm not really finding anything for actual creation...

what i have been doing so far while is limited does help. but i've been getting themes here (and icon packs if i can find ones i think match) and then finding things in rainmeter and editing that to fit. can edit the images that come with it and adjust the ini's to fit the edited but i'm still just modifying what others have done which leaves me limted. so am looking for some (perferably newb friendly) creation tools. the hardest part is start menu/taskbar as every search i try i only get results about toolbars or changing color (basic windows functions)

kind of saddening to know the dimensions are so restrictive, but if it's what it is it'll have to be fine

and yeah his steampunk theme was the first one i downloaded and got things from rainmeter for and started editing stuff to more fit me. (which is why i used it as example)

as far as the dimensions though it sounds like it may be possible just not recomended until experienced?

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by awol_lsd View Post
    kk cool, i'll pm but figured i'ld reply here for others reading the thread. but yeah lots of cool things here i'm VERY newb to customizations (i'm sure you could tell haha) not only am i new here, but this site is actually the first i found about customization haha so the little i have learned i've learned here and with trial/error with things i've gotten here. but i'm not really finding anything for actual creation...

what i have been doing so far while is limited does help. but i've been getting themes here (and icon packs if i can find ones i think match) and then finding things in rainmeter and editing that to fit. can edit the images that come with it and adjust the ini's to fit the edited but i'm still just modifying what others have done which leaves me limted. so am looking for some (perferably newb friendly) creation tools. the hardest part is start menu/taskbar as every search i try i only get results about toolbars or changing color (basic windows functions)

kind of saddening to know the dimensions are so restrictive, but if it's what it is it'll have to be fine

and yeah his steampunk theme was the first one i downloaded and got things from rainmeter for and started editing stuff to more fit me. (which is why i used it as example)

as far as the dimensions though it sounds like it may be possible just not recomended until experienced?
    Yeah I haven't done this yet so I cant really advize you there, only what I know. There are a couple of apps you could use Customizer God is one of them besides WSB also Theme Resource Hacker, I don't know of any apps off the top that just do Start menu and Taskbar edits so I would use WSB because you can do so much more with it also.

Thread Information