Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:

Help a newbie out :)

Hello all, I finally updated to Windows 10. I'm on

I don't know if I want to dive into theming again if I have to redo everything after every update?

In any case, way to many yellow folders, . On 7 I had Full Glass Blue icons by Mark. I'd like to get my icons at least changed. I d/l a collection that had the Full Blue and turned off UAC, and all security and installed. I got 1/3 to 1/2 folders correct, the rest yellow.

Do I have to patch for theming to install an icon pack? If so, what all do I need to do? Will the Full Blue in https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...for-Windows-10 work?

I had Black Horizon theme on 7, has that been ported to work on 10 1903? I apologize, I have not followed 10 theming. I see posts about versions, and 19H, etc. Not sure what will work for me. I'd like a nice theme if it isn't a career to have, . But mostly want some black folders to start

Thanks in advance!

A Guy

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    G day Mate, So you bit the bullet and upgraded to join us on W 10 1903 [H1] RS5. Good for you!! So you want to know how to run Customized themes and Folders on 1903, Yes you do have to Start again. First you have to repatch your System files With a Compatible Patch or theme Patcher, Then run the OldIsNew program, Then StartIsBack before you Install your Icons. Caution Make a Back up of your OS or Set a restore point before making any changes.Only use themes that are Compatable with 1903 also only use Icon Paks and Icon Sets that are for 1903 the new upgrade uses new .mun files so you will have to find ones that have already been updated. The updated Themes for 1903 can be found in the forum where you can find some of your Old Themes already Ported to 1903.
    https://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisp...ersion-1903%29
    Also heres a link for to go to my One Drive Stash where I have everything you need to patch your system. Also check out my latest theme Armageddon Aero 7 Customized theme for 1903<br>https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYjNe8dYC3OqHzx...PzY4R?e=UPNMeL
    Last edited by Donkuz; September 20th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the reply, bear with me as I seek precise information. You say
    First you have to repatch your System files With a Compatible Patch or theme Patcher, Then run the OldIsNew program, Then StartIsBack before you Install your Icons

I have to repatch just to install an ipack? Only the ipack, I must repatch?

Also you say I HAVE to run OldIsNew and StartIsBack? I already have Open Shell start menu and I see StartIs Back is a paid program, and I like the way Open Shell looks already. Are these programs necessary to install ipacks? Or to add a theme in general, or just what you prefer to use? I don't want to get into a whole slew of programs. To start, I'd like to replace the folder icons. How will I know if an ipack is updated for 1903?

I understand individual themes will say what's needed to install them, but I'd skip ones that require aero program, and Old explorer, etc. Too much trouble. I just want to know what I must do, not what I can do, . I hope that makes sense. Assume I want to keep it simple. I can look into fancy later if I decide to. I never got into 7tsp, etc. as there was too much to do. I just installed a theme and an icon pack and was happy

A Guy

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Thanks for the reply, bear with me as I seek precise information. You say

I have to repatch just to install an ipack? Only the ipack, I must repatch?

Also you say I HAVE to run OldIsNew and StartIsBack? I already have Open Shell start menu and I see StartIs Back is a paid program, and I like the way Open Shell looks already. Are these programs necessary to install ipacks? Or to add a theme in general, or just what you prefer to use? I don't want to get into a whole slew of programs. To start, I'd like to replace the folder icons. How will I know if an ipack is updated for 1903?

I understand individual themes will say what's needed to install them, but I'd skip ones that require aero program, and Old explorer, etc. Too much trouble. I just want to know what I must do, not what I can do, . I hope that makes sense. Assume I want to keep it simple. I can look into fancy later if I decide to. I never got into 7tsp, etc. as there was too much to do. I just installed a theme and an icon pack and was happy

A Guy
    Sorry for the confusion Dude, If you just want to install an Ipak, you should be able to without a theme patcher or anything else as long as they have been made for or updated already for 1903. But to Install Custom Themes you must install a Themepatcher for 1903 and use OldIsNew for the Classic Appearance. StartisBack is an optional progam Free for 30 Days and Cost only $5 and will let you use the full Theme with a Classic Start and Taskbar
    I hope this enlightens you a bit more, I thought you wanted to do a full Install so I went thru the full Drill to help you Out.

Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:
    No worries, I appreciate the help. I guess my question now, to start is, how will I know which ipack are for 1903? Is there a specific forum I'm missing that has just updated for 1903? Is there already an updated version of Full Glass Blue I am not finding? I understand from reading that the source folder has changed, and the files are .mun, etc. But I don't know how to find these ipacks?

A Guy

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    No worries, I appreciate the help. I guess my question now, to start is, how will I know which ipack are for 1903? Is there a specific forum I'm missing that has just updated for 1903? Is there already an updated version of Full Glass Blue I am not finding? I understand from reading that the source folder has changed, and the files are .mun, etc. But I don't know how to find these ipacks?

A Guy
    I cant find the one,s you want for you, but have a look at this it will show you what I mean a bit better and what you need for 1903.
    https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...1-w10-w10-19h1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information