Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edit the quick access toolbar icons and separators?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Question Edit the quick access toolbar icons and separators?

It seems like there is no way to change the red marked icons using WSB, am I missing something?
    Last edited by Radu97; November 10th, 2019 at 08:16 AM. Reason: more details

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Radu97 View Post

It seems like there is no way to change the red marked icons using WSB, am I missing something?
    You know what, considering they're in an area that is modded by Old New Explorer, I think there's probably a shellstyle dll file or something that those are located in. You might need to use Resource Hacker instead of WSB. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner. You'll need to find the specific DLL file they are located in and edit it with Resource Hacker.

Once that's done you might need to use 7tsp to apply the edited files as they might be in areas that may break if you manually apply the edited files.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post
    You know what, considering they're in an area that is modded by Old New Explorer, I think there's probably a shellstyle dll file or something that those are located in. You might need to use Resource Hacker instead of WSB. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner. You'll need to find the specific DLL file they are located in and edit it with Resource Hacker.

Once that's done you might need to use 7tsp to apply the edited files as they might be in areas that may break if you manually apply the edited files.

I was thinking the same, it should be located into system32 I guess, am I right?

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbi View Post

I was thinking the same, it should be located into system32 I guess, am I right?
    remember if you are using OldNewExplorer any changes in the System32 and SysWOW64 do not have affect on your new commands and edits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by றѳѳղղįqվદ® View Post
    remember if you are using OldNewExplorer any changes in the System32 and SysWOW64 do not have affect on your new commands and edits

I'm not using a OldNewExplorer, it should be the windows 8 default one, I never made changes to it.
    I also checked the shellstyle.dll file with resource hacker but couldn't find both option down arrow and separator icon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I'm not using a OldNewExplorer, it should be the windows 8 default one, I never made changes to it.
    I also checked the shellstyle.dll file with resource hacker but couldn't find both option down arrow and separator icon.

Yeah I'm not sure which dll file it is but i know it's one of the them because Old New Explorer modifies a DLL file to remove those. But yeah without Old New Explorer you'll have to find the specific DLL file and modify it manually is what I meant. Unfortunately I don't know just which DLL file it is.

I think றѳѳղղįqվદ® might though as she has made an edited version of Old New Explorer.

--EDIT--
    Oh, she's already respnding to you. and here i was tryna figure out how to tag you றѳѳղղįqվદ®
    Last edited by Nimbi; November 11th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information