Thread: nativefier Share

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    56 Thread(s)

Sex:

nativefier

This is the tool I use when making the desktop applications I share.
    I've discontinued most of my desktop applications to reduce the amount I need to keep updated, but if you would like to make your own just use this tool.

Nativefier

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You want to make a native wrapper for WhatsApp Web (or any web page).
    nativefier web.whatsapp.com
    You're done.
    Table of Contents

• [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Introduction

Nativefier is a command-line tool to easily create a desktop application for any web site with succinct and minimal configuration. Apps are wrapped by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in an OS executable (.app, .exe, etc.) for use on Windows, macOS and Linux.
    I did this because I was tired of having to ⌘-tab or alt-tab to my browser and then search through the numerous open tabs when I was using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Features

• Automatically retrieves the correct icon and app name.
    • JavaScript and CSS injection.
    • Flash Support (with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] flag).
    • Many more, see the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or nativefier --help

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Installation

Requirements

• macOS 10.9+ / Windows / Linux
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] >=6 (4.x may work but is no longer tested, please upgrade)
    • See [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for more.

npm install nativefier -g
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Usage

Creating a native desktop app for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]:
    nativefier "http://medium.com"
    Nativefier will intelligently attempt to determine the app name, your OS and processor architecture, among other options. If desired, the app name or other options can be overwritten by specifying the --name "Medium" as part of the command line options:
    nativefier --name "Some Awesome App" "http://medium.com"
    Read the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (or nativefier --help) for other command line flags and options that can be used to configure the packaged app.
    If you would like high resolution icons to be used, please contribute to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Windows Users: Take note that the application menu is automatically hidden by default, you can press alt on your keyboard to access it.
    Linux Users: Do not put spaces if you define the app name yourself with --name, as this will cause problems when pinning a packaged app to the launcher.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Optional dependencies

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Icons for Windows apps packaged under non-Windows platforms

You need [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] installed; make sure that wine is in your $PATH.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Icon conversion for macOS

To support conversion of a .png or .ico into a .icns for a packaged macOS app icon (currently only supported on macOS), you need the following dependencies.

• [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (comes with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Make sure convert and identify are in your $PATH.
    • If the tools are not found, then Nativefier will fall back to the built-in macOS tool sips to perform the conversion, which is more limited.

Flash

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is required for flash to be supported; you should pass the path to its embedded Flash plugin to the --flash flag. See the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for more details.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]How it works

A template app with the appropriate plumbing is included in the ./app folder. When nativefier is run, this template is parameterized, and packaged using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    In addition, I built [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to use GitHub as an icon index, and also the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fallback to infer a relevant icon from a URL.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Development

Help welcome on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Get started with our docs: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Docker Image

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is designed to be used like the "normal" nativefier app. By default, the command nativefier --help will be executed. Before you can use the image, you have to build it:
    docker build -t local/nativefier .
    After that, you can build your first nativefier app to the local $TARGET-PATH. Ensure you have write access to the $TARGET-PATH:
    docker run -v $TARGET-PATH:/target local/nativefier [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] /target/
    You can also pass nativefier flags, and mount additional volumes to provide local files. For example, to use a icon:
    docker run -v $PATH_TO_ICON/:/src -v $TARGET-PATH:/target local/nativefier --icon /src/icon.png --name whatsApp -p linux -a x64 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] /target/
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]License

Github Repository

Credits

Last edited by Nimbi; 12-11-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

Thread Information