Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For People that Keep Windows 7....Bypass V4 Bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Update

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    173 Thread(s)

For People that Keep Windows 7....Bypass V5 Bypass Windows 7 Extended Security Update

This is for people that want to fight back and keep win 7 for 3 more years...Win 7 is for now the best windows base system so lets use it till we can.... Here is the skinny...
    # Bypass Windows ESU

* A project to bypass Extended Security Updates eligibility check for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

- Win7/Win2k8R2 official support and updates ended on 14 January 2020.

However, Microsoft will provide additional 3 years of security updates to the organizations and businesses which have paid the license for the ESU.
    More details:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527878

This project helps bypassing this restriction and install ESU updates without purchasing a license, as a proof of concept, non-profit, consumer-targeted.

## Important Notes

* ESU updates are not supported offline (you cannot integrate them),
    they must be installed online on live system.

- The ESU eligibilty is only checked during update installation,
    therefore, you can choose to keep the bypass installed, or remove it afterwards.

* The bypass will only allow to install the ESU updates,
    it will not permit to get the updates themselves via Windows Update.

- You can acquire and download the updates manually from Microsoft Update Catalog site
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com

* You can track the updates KB numbers, either check the official Update History page
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009469

or follow this MDL thread
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/19461/

## How to Use

* Extract the pack contents to a folder with simple path

- Install: right-click on installer.bat and "Run as administrator"

* Remove : right-click on remover.bat and "Run as administrator"

- Note: If you have previous version(s) installed, you don't need to remove it separately,
    scripts from latest version can be used to remove previous versions, or install on top of them.

## More Info

- The project supports **all Win7/Win2k8R2 editions**, it consist of two tools that work in similar concept:

for ESU-supported editions, Custom slc.dll will be used

for all other editions, IFEO BypassESU.dll will be used

you can also force the use of BypassESU.dll for ESU-supported editions:
    edit installer.bat prior running, and change set ForceHook to 1

* ESU-supported editions:

Client: Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate (including N and E variants)

Server: Standard, Datacenter, Enterprise (including Full, Core and without Hyper-V variants)

## Technical Info

* Custom slc.dll:

Kurwica slc.dll with modified function SLGetWindowsInformationDWORD, which return a true value for ESU licensing policies.

all other exported functions of the original slc.dll are forwarded to the original licensing DLLs.

- IFEO BypassESU.dll:

DLL injection for TrustedInstaller.exe using "Image File Execution Options" technique, which hooks and modify these functions:

slc.dll - SLGetWindowsInformationDWORD: return a true value for ESU licensing policies

kernel32.dll - GetProductInfo: return the system SKU ID, Professional for Client editions and ServerStandard for Server editions.

* Source code included in bin\src folder

- ESU bypass tools comparison:

------------------- | -------------- | ------------------ | -------------------------
    Compare / Tool | Custom slc.dll | IFEO BypassESU.dll | Avfr gesu.dll (deprecated)
    ------------------- | -------------- | ------------------ | -------------------------
    Supported Editions | ESU-supported | ALL | ALL
    AV Interoperability | Safe | Unfriendly | Friendly
    Performance Impact | None | Slight to None | Slowdown TrustedInstaller

* Avfr gesu.dll is deprecated and no longer works.

## Credits

* Custom slc.dll : IMI Kurwica

- superUser : [mspaintmsi]

* BypassESU.dll : MDL Collaborators

- Project scripts: abbodi1406

NEW VERSION 11....NOW LETS YOU UPDATE USING WINDOWS UPDATE....LETS YOU UPDATE :netframework

DOWNLOAD..
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ghsbt...U-v11.zip/file
    Last edited by peter.pan; August 1st, 2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: New version

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    sorry but if you actually know what you're doing 10 is superior to 7 in all ways. every nit of monitoring in 10 can be disabled. you can still create a local user account. and most importantly it will still get security updates. not a great first post on a customization forum.
    Manjaro KDE 18.1.5 RC1 Testing Build

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Windows 7 like XP has had it's time, it was a good run but, things have to change.

While some may be able to keep theirs longer by cheating the system to get Windows updates rest assured that will soon run out also, it would be easier and more prudent just to switch to Windows 10, while you can still get it free, you may not like the way it looks initially, but Windows 10 can be made to look exactly like Windows 7 and ...... it is plain out just more secure than Windows 7 is and was WITH updates.

Don't get me wrong, I still own a machine with Windows 7 but I did not install the last update that gives you the nag screen that tells you Windows 7 is no longer supported and on January 15th I unplugged it from the internet. It will now become a storage machine.

If your going to stay "plugged in", my advice would be to say, Windows 7 is no longer a smart choice to avoid all the internet nasties out there, no matter how and where you may surf. You may get away with it for a little while, but not long. Exploits are being written as we speak.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; January 19th, 2020 at 11:12 AM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    173 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    sorry but if you actually know what you're doing 10 is superior to 7 in all ways. every nit of monitoring in 10 can be disabled. you can still create a local user account. and most importantly it will still get security updates. not a great first post on a customization forum.
    Well to each there own my friend....The constant rework of 10 , in my opinion is bull sh..t and the constant update for the themes we use is the same...You also create the look and feel of win 7 in 10.....to meany tools and apps to create that look....45% of people cant be wrong ....3 more years is enough for the next stable version to come out..
    Last edited by peter.pan; January 19th, 2020 at 11:15 AM.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    173 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Windows 7 like XP has had it's time, it was a good run but, things have to change.

While some may be able to keep theirs longer by cheating the system to get Windows updates rest assured that will soon run out also, it would be easier and more prudent just to switch to Windows 10, while you can still get it free, you may not like the way it looks initially, but Windows 10 can be made to look exactly like Windows 7 and ...... it is plain out just more secure than Windows 7 is and was WITH updates.

Don't get me wrong, I still own a machine with Windows 7 but I did not install the last update that gives you the nag screen that tells you Windows 7 is no longer supported and on January 15th I unplugged it from the internet. It will now become a storage machine.

If your going to stay "plugged in", my advice would be to say, Windows 7 is no longer a smart choice to avoid all the internet nasties out there, no matter how and where you may surf. You may get away with it for a little while, but not long. Exploits are being written as we speak.
    The nag screen can be remove without a problem .....And Big business will still use win 7 for 3 more years...so thats telling you some thing....A good firewall and a good AV is always needed ....

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    173 Thread(s)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    get a reality check up from the neck up cause id you're stupid enough to believe the studies that say 45% are still on win 7 i truly feel sorry for you. only the truly lazy complain abut 10 cause they can't be bothered to customize a far more secure os to like and feel like 7.
    Well ,like i was saying ..To each there own..You want to use 10 thats your choice.. This just gives a person a chance to receive updates for 3 more years..Sorry that you like to dissss people but its all about Intelligence..Sorry ..you are the way you are.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information