Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek by Razorsedge for Win10 (20H1)

Hybrid View

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Clean Star Trek by Razorsedge for Win10 (20H1)

This Star Trek theme was ported to Win10 but not fully and lack some details in original one. I got this one from internet and decide to fix some lack details (Taskbar thumbnail preview, close caption,...) and fully compatible with Win 10 2004 (20H1)

StarTrekD(Win10.20H1).7z

Win 7 original theme (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...egade-Edition/)

Feel free delete this post if it violated any rule in forum.
    Note: the font used is Tahoma. I haven't reimport string file of fonts from original but If demanded I would bring back original font (the file uploaded as is, I hadn't saved version with original fonts)
    Last edited by nnq2603; July 11th, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)

Sex:
    i see you haven't wasted any time getting to work on some themes... & already your first port posted!!! way to go!!!
    D@rkside Of Aquarius™

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by nnq2603 View Post
    This Star Trek theme was ported to Win10 but not fully and lack some details in original one. I got this one from internet and decide to fix some lack details (Taskbar thumbnail preview, close caption,...) and fully compatible with Win 10 2004 (20H1)

StarTrekD(Win10.20H1).7z

Win 7 original theme (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...egade-Edition/)

Feel free delete this post if it violated any rule in forum.
    Note: the font used is Tahoma. I haven't reimport string file of fonts from original but If demanded I would bring back original font (the file uploaded as is, I hadn't saved version with original fonts)

Nice job, however when we port themes we do not deviate from the original designers theme design, including fonts, if it is for your own use that is fine but when sharing is another story. Razorsedge , although he does not frequent the forum all that often anymore has given us permission to port his themes, however has NOT given us permission to alter or change his themes and I would like to honor that request.
    The packaging is also missing the imageres.dll folder, background folder and cursors that came with the original theme.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; July 11th, 2020 at 09:55 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Looks great, give it a try. Many thanks!!

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    @Dark Knight:
    True, when I realize the font I usually use in custom themes wasn't everyone taste, I know that it's incompleted piece (not that I intended to alter the theme just a old habit to reformat all font to default one, I agree it should used the same ones as original font). Sorry about that. I did post link to original Win7 for cursors and wallpaper resource. When I first posted the topic, I didn't realize there should be conditions that I need to follow, so pls consider this one is an informal port. In case the topic didn't meet enough condition feel free edit/remove it. I agree to what you said.

Edit: After take a closer look at font, I notice that the base win10 version I used does not match to original Win7 one, there's different fonts in use some parts. So reimporting won't do. This requires manual fonts change, quite time consuming, so for the time being this task stays incompleted.
    Last edited by nnq2603; July 12th, 2020 at 05:50 AM.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Nice job, however when we port themes we do not deviate from the original designers theme design, including fonts, if it is for your own use that is fine but when sharing is another story. Razorsedge , although he does not frequent the forum all that often anymore has given us permission to port his themes, however has NOT given us permission to alter or change his themes and I would like to honor that request.
    The packaging is also missing the imageres.dll folder, background folder and cursors that came with the original theme.
    I on the other hand do not mind if you want to import, alter or customize to your liking any theme I have made, all that I ask is that you give me a mention in your post, I also don't mind where you post it, be it here or any other site, I think that Tucker would also feel the same way, we are just happy for people to enjoy our work and be creative.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information