Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 7 to 12 of 20

Thread: Computer is taking too long to shut down - Windows 7 Share

  1. #7
    Ultimitmale is offline
    Pro Designer


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland UK
    Age
    56
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    I have been using CCLEANER for many years and would run it once a week, or sometimes when I install something and do not like it I would run CCleaner after any uninstalls.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    register or log in to view signatures!

  2. #8
    Dark Knight is offline
    VC Ambassador



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,573
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    275 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    I have found using cleaners and such tend to cause more harm than good, I used to use them and was reinstalling my OS every six months , I stopped using them and I cannot tell you the last time I had to reinstall my OS because it was not operating correctly.

    My best advice to you would to be to perform a clean install and add back your programs one by one until you find what it causing it because right now, you are just chasing your tail.
    register or log in to view signatures!

  3. #9
    Elond is offline
    Pro Designer


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Edron
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    When you shut down, does it display a message while waiting to shut down? Do you use Winaero Tweaker?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If so, you can easily enable Verbose Logon Messages which may give you more info


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    You can also just download the reg files (reg and undo both), they are safe

    A Guy
    hmmm there is no message "waiting to shutdown" for me,when i turn off my PC he just do all steps normallybut it takes "forever" to leave the logoff screen and really shutdown,thats the point im talking about :x

    i dont think is anything about logon messages,but i will try this =DD
    i have a few heavy games and programs installed on my computer,this can slow down my shutdown process or nah???
    do you have more suggestions than maybe it could be causing this bro???

    oohh i almost forgot,i dont use Winaero Tweaker xD
    register or log in to view signatures!

  4. #10
    Elond is offline
    Pro Designer


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Edron
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitmale View Post
    I have been using CCLEANER for many years and would run it once a week, or sometimes when I install something and do not like it I would run CCleaner after any uninstalls.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    thx for your answer Ultimitmale,I have CCleaner for years and use sometimes too haha
    also i use Iobit Uninstaller when i need uninstall anything on my PC ;p

    is a great cleaner,but he dont helped me about this until now :x
    do you have any idea what can be pls????
    register or log in to view signatures!

  5. #11
    Elond is offline
    Pro Designer


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Edron
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I have found using cleaners and such tend to cause more harm than good, I used to use them and was reinstalling my OS every six months , I stopped using them and I cannot tell you the last time I had to reinstall my OS because it was not operating correctly.

    My best advice to you would to be to perform a clean install and add back your programs one by one until you find what it causing it because right now, you are just chasing your tail.
    hmm i never had any problems with CCleaner bro...
    it even helped me these days while im removing some unnecessary startup programs entries
    similar native Windows tools take forever to do simple cleaning tasks,that's why i preffer CCleaner - but i just use to clean simple junk,for defrag and others types of clean i have other programs =DD

    i dont want reinstall my entire Windows because i've "modded" a lot,I got rid of many stupid native programs and things :x
    as it is something so simple to solve like i said before,so you have any idea what can be??
    register or log in to view signatures!

  6. #12
    Elond is offline
    Pro Designer


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Edron
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    When you shut down, does it display a message while waiting to shut down? Do you use Winaero Tweaker?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If so, you can easily enable Verbose Logon Messages which may give you more info



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    You can also just download the reg files (reg and undo both), they are safe

    A Guy
    I tried to disable this option today but I had it disabled before it seems :x
    so basically,nothing changed =|
    register or log in to view signatures!


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2021, 06:00 AM
  2. Microsoft Surface Head Taking Charge of Windows Client
    By Feed Monkey in forum Latest Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2020, 06:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2018, 12:00 PM
  4. Report: Microsoft Shut HTC Out of Windows 8 Development
    By Feed Monkey in forum Latest News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
  5. Windows Live Alerts to shut down
    By razorsedge in forum News & Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 01:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •