Thread: Computer is taking too long to shut down - Windows 7 Share

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    275 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elond View Post
    thx for your answer Ultimitmale,I have CCleaner for years and use sometimes too haha
    also i use Iobit Uninstaller when i need uninstall anything on my PC ;p

is a great cleaner,but he dont helped me about this until now :x
    do you have any idea what can be pls????
    If you have customized as much as you say you have , without knowing exactly what you have done, it is anyone's guess at this point.
    It could be a customization issue, it could be a software issue, this is why I advised a clean install but I can understand the feeling of having to do a clean install after all that work. This is why it is a good idea to make changes slowly and reboot after each change to make sure there are no complications, and if there are you know exactly what is causing it.

If your startup and services are down to the bare minimum and you are still having issues , the only thing I can advise at this point is to undo any customization you have done one at a time, reboot, if nothing changes, put it back and move on to another or uninstall any software you have added one at a time if nothing changes, re-install it and move on to the next, it'll take time and in my mind a clean install would really be less painless but eventually you are going to find the culprit.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 1 Week Ago at 05:14 AM.
    register or log in to view signatures!

Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I'm like you, many, many modifications made over time. I'll be building a new PC soon as the CPU is available, and no way I can remember all the things I have done, or where I found them

You might want to look at your process list before shutting down, and see if anything stands out. You could also look at Event Viewer> Windows Logs> System sort by time/date and see if there is an error message. I would suspect a 3rd party driver that isn't unloading normally

A Guy

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    If you have customized as much as you say you have , without knowing exactly what you have done, it is anyone's guess at this point.
    It could be a customization issue, it could be a software issue, this is why I advised a clean install but I can understand the feeling of having to do a clean install after all that work. This is why it is a good idea to make changes slowly and reboot after each change to make sure there are no complications, and if there are you know exactly what is causing it.

If your startup and services are down to the bare minimum and you are still having issues , the only thing I can advise at this point is to undo any customization you have done one at a time, reboot, if nothing changes, put it back and move on to another or uninstall any software you have added one at a time if nothing changes, re-install it and move on to the next, it'll take time and in my mind a clean install would really be less painless but eventually you are going to find the culprit.
    when I said that I "modified" a lot,it means that I uninstalled some unnecessary stupid native programs,disabled some services like Windows Update and things like this but not very big changes,just these simple things you know??
    i never touched again on my Registry Editor as i said before and never deleted or changed something that i without knowing what it is for,I don't even have any themes installed yet :x

and yeeessss,at that time I was the "PC noob" guy e.e
    I didn't have as much Windows knowledge before as I do now hahahahaha
    but I still insist on saying that it must be something simple to solve,because my computer still works normally and fast :x
    i dont have any problems except with shutdown,that takes too long for complete after logout my account...

do you know if heavy programs have REALLY any impact on startup or mainly shutdown??
    because i have a lot Microsoft Visual installed and i dont know if all these are really necessary :x
    or maybe it could be a service I disabled related to shutdown bro???

thx again for your answers =DD

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    I'm like you, many, many modifications made over time. I'll be building a new PC soon as the CPU is available, and no way I can remember all the things I have done, or where I found them

You might want to look at your process list before shutting down, and see if anything stands out. You could also look at Event Viewer> Windows Logs> System sort by time/date and see if there is an error message. I would suspect a 3rd party driver that isn't unloading normally

A Guy
    hmmm nice answer bro,thx =DD
    i checked today the "Event Viewer" like you said and looks normal,have just some alerts but nothing that i need to worry about
    but i will try reboot my PC just to check if really is this...

and when you say "suspect a 3rd party driver" do you mean my PC drivers,USB devices or both bro??
    do you know any way to find out if it really is 3°rd party drivers or whatever pls???

PS: I have a problem with a driver that I can't uninstall for reinstall and it's been a while,but i will check this today...
    thx for your answers bro,have a great day =DD

Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Any driver not provided by windows for devices/programs (VPN, printer, mouse, keyboard, etc.). You can see all your installed drivers, uninstall redundant/superseded, etc. with this free program

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You may find you have multiple older versions of GPU drivers for instance. If nothing else, you could free up some space. But unless you delete some non windows drivers, there is no specific way it will tell you if any are problems

You can open Device Manager, expand each category and see if there are any yellow triangle errors

A Guy

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Any driver not provided by windows for devices/programs (VPN, printer, mouse, keyboard, etc.). You can see all your installed drivers, uninstall redundant/superseded, etc. with this free program

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You may find you have multiple older versions of GPU drivers for instance. If nothing else, you could free up some space. But unless you delete some non windows drivers, there is no specific way it will tell you if any are problems

You can open Device Manager, expand each category and see if there are any yellow triangle errors

A Guy
    wooow thx for this program,I tried to solve yesterday my driver error using a program called "Driver Genius"
    but guess what?? he can delete my corrupted driver even with UAC permissions e.e
    i think windows already deleted or uninstalled this stupid driver that im talking about,but he still keeps warning me because maybe now the driver may be missing or idk - i tried to use Driver Booster to fix that error or if need to be updated once,but of course it didn't work ¬¬

about how to check for errors in the drivers I already knew how to do ;p
    but i will try this program hehe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information