Thread: How to customize own win 10 Theme?

Threaded View

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

thumbs up

I think, IMO, the MsstyleEditor is even more up-to-date (last release 1.5.0.0 Feb 23rd 2021), official Windows Style Builder only supports up to Win7, further extended to Win10 based on community efforts (Mr.GRIM, etc...)

But problem: MsstyleEditor is so unpopular and there's no tutorial (no guide about which class link to which image element in UI theme). So it's difficult to get into and quickly follow some instruction (because there's none). Advantage: seems works on every windows edition 7 to 10 (haven't test that but the tool claimed so). @Bluejive: Do you have any locations guide on this tool? I tried this tool a few times but haven't really made out anything because different in locations, I quickly fall back to WSB for convenience.

On otherhand, WSB is very popular amongst theme editors, there're a lot of tutorials and resource, example. Product proven. But it's paid software and not officially supported. There're different setup to deal with different tasks. Like one folder of WSB to work with Win7 (in win7 host OS), another folder with different config to work with win10 (import old themes from 7-8-10TH2), another folder to work with win 10 1903 (19H1) and newer (I don't know how others manage this but it's kinda messy to have different folders for different config of WSB, especially for beginners).
    https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...s-10-19H1-1903

Many locations in win7 still there in Win10, so the guide by Dave Senior still works great to some extent.
    https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...Theme-Building
    Last edited by nnq2603; April 22nd, 2021 at 03:37 AM.

Thread Information