Quote Originally Posted by Donkuz View Post
HI OgreVorbis, I think you need use Vista Style Builder to change those colors, Sorry I cant help you but I can show you where they are on W10 with Windows Style Builder if its any help. just pm me if you like.
I downloaded that. I made some progress, but I discovered the problem. I was able to change the background color in explorer to black with no problem. I was also able to change SOME of the foreground text to white, but not the important bits. I changed: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView

In order to get all the files text to be white, I had to change the total window text color for all windows. That was the only way to make explorer fully readable with the black background. The problem with that solution was that a lot of normal apps/system dialogs would not display the text if they had a white background anywhere. So I think the only way to make it fully working would be to go through everything and invert it so that there'd be no errors in apps.

As a fun side thing. I wrote a short program that called:
GetWindowRect (Spy++ found the explorer list handle)
InvalidateRect
Sleep 20
InvertRect

This made it fully nicely inverted in only the explorer window, BUT it flickered like crazy. There may be a more clever combination that would do it, but I think it would need a hook and that's too hard for me.
I guess I'm stuck with this