Thread: Windows 12

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Yeah they make and release things and no thought of consequences. Already been used for shenanigans. With a large group who already believe in "alternative facts" and anything posted by "their news" is accepted as gospel it's troublesome. And with an aged group of lawmakers who don't understand most of it...not a good recipe

I do see great uses for it, medical research and detection for instance

https://www.breastcancer.org/researc...mogram-reading

But personally I always want a human at the controls and don't want to see it used to replace humans for money saving sake, unless that frees up humans to pursue other pursuits. But right now it's AI making music and art

https://twitter.com/KarlreMarks/stat...261569?lang=en

A Guy
    I fully agree - in medicine it can and will help, but I'd always want a real doctor involved.

For anything else it should be strictly regulated and not something every Joe Schmoe has access to. Pretty sure I know which group you're talking about and yes ... anything AI will just make it easier for them to fool their gullible userbase and cause more death + destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Windows 10 and I think it's time for a change.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I am almost 60 myself, but i do enjoy AI Prompt To Image. I love customising my PC as do we all, but for me, its always been a struggle to source Wallpapers to match my Themes. I have no problem sourcing wallpaper sites as there are so many online, but i was never fully happy with what i could find, so i took the plunge, joined a Very Good AI To Image site and now i am hooked. My Desktop has never looked so good. Now i have Something that fits my Themes like a Glove, I experiment with my prompts, tweaking things until i get just what i had in my head as a thought. Never thought i would like or use AI Prompt To Image, Now, i would not like to Customise my PC without it. Every Image is Bespoke To Me and My Tastes.

I Do understand why some people would be fearful of AI, I Have Vascular Parkinsonism Dementia, but still want a Human Doctor Leading my Medical Team etc..

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    260 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neroon View Post
    I am almost 60 myself, but i do enjoy AI Prompt To Image. I love customising my PC as do we all, but for me, its always been a struggle to source Wallpapers to match my Themes. I have no problem sourcing wallpaper sites as there are so many online, but i was never fully happy with what i could find, so i took the plunge, joined a Very Good AI To Image site and now i am hooked. My Desktop has never looked so good. Now i have Something that fits my Themes like a Glove, I experiment with my prompts, tweaking things until i get just what i had in my head as a thought. Never thought i would like or use AI Prompt To Image, Now, i would not like to Customise my PC without it. Every Image is Bespoke To Me and My Tastes.

I Do understand why some people would be fearful of AI, I Have Vascular Parkinsonism Dementia, but still want a Human Doctor Leading my Medical Team etc..
    I am still more fearful of humans than machines. AI can be helpful to make certain jobs easier because that is what it is programmed to do. If it ever goes haywire and takes over it will probably still be because theres a human exploiting it

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by MOST_WASTED View Post
    I am still more fearful of humans than machines. AI can be helpful to make certain jobs easier because that is what it is programmed to do. If it ever goes haywire and takes over it will probably still be because theres a human exploiting it
    After Spending A Lifetime Soldiering In some Terrible Places, I Have Seen Genocide Up Close in Africa and Yugoslavia. You are more right than you know MOST_WASTED, Humans Are Far More Brutal To Each other than Machines or AI Could Ever be. Humans will always Manipulate AI To Do There Bidding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    New app being released on W12, a tool that watches everything you do on your computer (Recall) - https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/m...-b2548688.html
    Last edited by Shemhamforash; May 22nd, 2024 at 12:58 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information