VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Taskband - getting rid of glow and grouping indicator

Hello,

I was hoping for some help with getting rid of two things that's been bothering me regarding the taskband in the taskbar. First one is this: whenever I'm using a taskband button that's transparent, I get this glow whenever the button is pressed or hovered over, the glow is somewhat related to the primary color of the icon.

The middle icon is hovered over, the one on the far right is not:
    https://i.imgur.com/a5uvskJ.jpg

How can I get rid of this "feature" completely? I want my taskband app buttons to look like the one on the far right regardless of whether they're being hovered over or not.

Second issue is whenever there are more than one instance of an application open, I get this vertical bar in my taskband, again, the same color as the icon. I'm referring to yellow bar in this picture:
    https://i.imgur.com/vTTkyIl.jpg

I've tried modifying Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > GroupTab but it didn't seem to do anything. Can I theme around this somehow or disable the function completely?

Grateful for any assistance after hours of trial and error!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hi have you tried changing the taskbar buttons or adjusting the taskbar itself

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi Poddzapp, Yeah like James said, the colors come from your Task item buttons. Just extract them and Hollow them all out. If you need help with them hook me up with a copy of your theme and I will do it for you Bro.
    Cheerz!!

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi guys,

I've resized and moved the taskbar itself and it did nothing to solve the issue.

I've messed around with the taskbar buttons quite a lot in both photoshop and windows style builder - adding and removing hottracking and highlight colors, changing the transparency and opacity - all to no avail. If I remove the transparency completely, the glow on the buttons of running applications disappears, but then I'm not able to see progress bar (when moving files) anymore.

@Donkuz

When you say "hollow them out" I assume you mean "delete the contents of the PNG completely" and I've tried that. What happened then was that the glow increased in intensity as my current buttons acts as a bit of dimmer.

If you want to take a look yourself it would be much appreciated. Might be easier than me trying to explain I've included a screengrab of what it is I'm going for. The first button is my start menu button, 2 is an active/open application and so is 4, 3 (cmd) is closed/not running. I would very much like for the buttons to look just like that regardless of whether or not I'm hovering over or pressing the buttons.

Please keep in mind that this is a Start Menu & Taskbar theme only intended to be used with StartIsBack. If you try applying it as a Windows theme you will be stuck in darkness forever...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C4K...Dxyl65GUZ/view

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hi do you know what the theme is if so i can fix up the taskbar for you and port the theme if your having any trouble

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    You're more than welcome to take a look at it if you want to, but I don't feel you should invest to much time into it. It's still a work in progress and will probably look like a mess to someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm currently using two theme files - one for Windows and the other for Startisback where the latter is just skinning the start menu and taskbar. They're both different themes found online that I've then modified to my liking. Not sure if I had a specific reason for using two theme files or if it just seemed like the easier path...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10LO...ew?usp=sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information