Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11 22H2 (22621.1413) SecureUxTheme/UltraUXThemePatcher stopped working

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Windows 11 22H2 (22621.1413) SecureUxTheme/UltraUXThemePatcher stopped working

Hello,

I have patched my system with UltraUXThemePatcher, then installed 3rd party theme (faded-VS-for-Windows-11-22H2-927011214 from niivu). Everything was working just fine for a week, but now system doesn't follow 3rd party theme rules anymore and a lot of UI elements turned white, while in some places font is black on gray background.

I have tried to uninstall UltraUXThemePatcher, apply ownership to 3 theme files manually then reinstall it. I have also tried my luck with SecureUxTheme, but the result is the same: system doesn't follow theme rules.

A help would be much appreciated.

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempiro View Post
    Hello,

I have patched my system with UltraUXThemePatcher, then installed 3rd party theme (faded-VS-for-Windows-11-22H2-927011214 from niivu). Everything was working just fine for a week, but now system doesn't follow 3rd party theme rules anymore and a lot of UI elements turned white, while in some places font is black on gray background.

I have tried to uninstall UltraUXThemePatcher, apply ownership to 3 theme files manually then reinstall it. I have also tried my luck with SecureUxTheme, but the result is the same: system doesn't follow theme rules.

please try to run sfc/ scannow
    then take ownership this both files only in the C:\Windows\System32 directory
    C:\Windows\System32\themeui.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\uxinit.dll
    then patch your system with UltraUXTheme patcher
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thank you for reply. I have tried these as well. I even checked SFC logs, insured that original versions of the theme related files were restored. Then I took ownership, patched the system, rebooted, applied 3rd party theme that was perfectly fine before, but still have the same glitches: UI being not themed (white, instead black as per theme), gray background with black font... Not sure if I should just switch back to windows 10...

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thank you for reply. I have tried these as well. I even checked SFC logs, insured that original versions of the theme related files were restored. Then I took ownership, patched the system, rebooted, applied 3rd party theme that was perfectly fine before, but still have the same glitches: UI being not themed (white, instead black as per theme), gray background with black font... Not sure if I should just switch back to windows 10...
    ok then please try to using a different theme on your system if you have the same problem
    if this another theme works correctly chcek if is not missing shell (shellstyle file) in your theme directory
    pls can you upload one desktop screenshot for me here with UltraUXTheme patcher if is all your files really patched correctly

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    260 Thread(s)

Sex:
    you could always try restoring your system to how it was before you made changes to it using "system restore"

Here's how:
    1. On your taskbar search box type: rstrui
    2. Run the app
    3. Under "System Protection" click on System Restore
    4. Click on "Choose a different restore point" and hit Next
    Then just choose a restore point (check the dates) from before you made changes, and just hit next. You'll figure it out.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hello,

\

I am having the same issue and followed your instructions but still got the same "not supported" issue. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information