Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    143 Thread(s)

Sex:

About posting ported themes

Hi Everyone:

Since I noticed from time ago, and I was warned, about some webs uploading all themes we are posting here, I've decided to stop posting, because I (we) can't guarantee and avoid that, if someone from those webs ask me for a private link-if I choose this way to post ported themes-.

I was working around "Dream Theater", "Borg" and "Mechanism" pack so, if I decided to go on, I offered them fron a private link, and these will be my last ported themes I'll post.

What a pain because of those webs ...
    Last edited by Erin; August 29th, 2023 at 02:25 PM.

Skilled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    123 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I completely understand and appreciate everything you've done. I've seen the same thing happen your talking about with modified OS's and themes as well with no one giving credit or asking permission. Usually when I see them and I know it someone else's work I let that person know. Unfortunately I only check here and one other OS modder's site for cool stuff's. Again it's much appreciated and hope it doesn't discourage you from doing what you do for yourself

AMD 5800X, ASRock X570 Taichi, 32Gb (2x16) G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800, MSI Gaming X RTX3060, Kraken Z73, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic Platinum 860W, ADATA SX82001Tb M.2 , Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I wouldn't let the reposters deter you from sharing themes you import. Hopefully anyone that buys them kicks themself for not finding the free version.

Pro Theme Builder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi Erin, Yes there are some grubs out there that will upload themes from here and re-post them on other sites and then sell them on or use them as bait for new members to pay for a subscription to gain access to to them. I have since removed all my links to my themes on mega drive and requested that any member that wants them has to get in touch with me for a link so at least I can keep tabs on where they have gone and how many have been downloaded. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in, so don't let it bother you or deter you from doing what you do it is they that are doing the wrong thing not you Sister.
    Peace and Love

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    143 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy350 View Post
    I completely understand and appreciate everything you've done. I've seen the same thing happen your talking about with modified OS's and themes as well with no one giving credit or asking permission. Usually when I see them and I know it someone else's work I let that person know. Unfortunately I only check here and one other OS modder's site for cool stuff's. Again it's much appreciated and hope it doesn't discourage you from doing what you do for yourself
    Thanks so much chevy350

These websites bother me because they don't mention the designer of the original theme

And they take our screenshots wihout more. So lazy ...

Tomorrow I'll be back at my job, so I'll have less time for porting and posting, and I'll have to think of a way to put some kind of obstacle to these websites...

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    143 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
    I wouldn't let the reposters deter you from sharing themes you import. Hopefully anyone that buys them kicks themself for not finding the free version.
    You're right Shemhamforash

But I'm feeling the need to do something ... I think I'll put watermarks on the captures, and will include some VC's copyright notice in the files ... if only to bother those websites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information