Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Black Glass Enhanced work well with Win 11 default dark theme?

Hybrid View

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Black Glass Enhanced and Win 11 (and alternatives)

Hi everybody,

I'm a big fan of BGE ( https://www.deviantart.com/curiouso9...v0-5-156752713 ), it gives me the perfect amount of transparency/blurriness with Win 7.
    I'm currently building a new Win 11 rig, and I hope BGE can still work well with Win 11. I haven't tried yet. Any hints on this?
    I don't have any custom theme yet, only Win 11's default dark theme.

If for any reason BGE doesn't work well with Win 11, what alternatives would you advise for the same result?

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Last edited by Jose Hidalgo; January 30th, 2024 at 05:44 PM.

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Hidalgo View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'm a big fan of BGE ( https://www.deviantart.com/curiouso9...v0-5-156752713 ), it gives me the perfect amount of transparency/blurriness with Win 7.
    I'm currently building a new Win 11 rig, and I hope BGE can still work well with Win 11. I haven't tried yet. Any hints on this?
    I don't have any custom theme yet, only Win 11's default dark theme.

If for any reason BGE doesn't work well with Win 11, what alternatives would you advise for the same result?

Thanks in advance for your reply
    https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/84948-System-Transparency-by-Prisoner7-for-Windows-7-w8-8-1-w10-w10-19h1

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thank you ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡. I should have stated that I have already tried System Transparency on Win 11.
    System Transparency works great, but I was still hoping to be able to use BGE instead.
    Hence this topic: doesn't BGE work at all on Win 11? That's what I'd like to know.

Co-Admin♀ Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thank you ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡. I should have stated that I have already tried System Transparency on Win 11.
    System Transparency works great, but I was still hoping to be able to use BGE instead.
    Hence this topic: doesn't BGE work at all on Win 11? That's what I'd like to know.
    Full Glass.exe same as Black Glass Enhanced v0.5 is no longer supported
    because the latest versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11 are really unique
    windows 11 uses a completely different explorer.exe file explorer
    we made a lot of changes so that it was possible to use old Windows 7 or 10 themes on the Windows 11 system only with the Basic themer 2 application
    the easiest way is to use system transparency, because it works completely and easily on all versions, even on Windows 12, which I am currently testing

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks again ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡. OK, System Transparency works well, but unfortunately it doesn't look nearly as good as BGE. Look at these two pictures :

Capture d

First one is BGE on my current Win 7 rig. Second one is System Transparency on my new Win 11 rig.

There are several issues :

1. System Transparency only alters transparency.
    => BGE also adds a nice blurriness effect.

2. System Transparency alters the whole window (including the top part and the bottom part), which makes it hard to see when there are several windows on top of each other.
    => BGE doesn't alter the top part and the bottom part of the window. Those two parts remain opaque.

Issue 2 is why I had to reduce transparency level (224 in System Transparency) which is why my second window appears darker. If I reached the same transparency as the first one, my system would become unusable.

I'm surprised that in 2024 nobody has come yet with a better solution, and we have to rely on old apps.
    Isn't there any other way to reach the visual result that I desire ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    131 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks again ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡. OK, System Transparency works well, but unfortunately it doesn't look nearly as good as BGE. Look at these two pictures :

Capture d

First one is BGE on my current Win 7 rig. Second one is System Transparency on my new Win 11 rig.

There are several issues :

1. System Transparency only alters transparency.
    => BGE also adds a nice blurriness effect.

2. System Transparency alters the whole window (including the top part and the bottom part), which makes it hard to see when there are several windows on top of each other.
    => BGE doesn't alter the top part and the bottom part of the window. Those two parts remain opaque.

Issue 2 is why I had to reduce transparency level (224 in System Transparency) which is why my second window appears darker. If I reached the same transparency as the first one, my system would become unusable.

I'm surprised that in 2024 nobody has come yet with a better solution, and we have to rely on old apps.
    Isn't there any other way to reach the visual result that I desire ?
    they are two different Windows system themes and it is very difficult to explain
    this is because each individual theme can still be modified using the windows style builder
    any part of windows explorer can be blurred or dark or completely transparent or have any color like any other part or font
    everything can be simply modified and used according to your own ideas
    today it is possible to change or hide any part of the Windows window
    navigation bar or sidebar or forward and back arrows can be completely invisible as well as window search
    therefore, the system transparency application does not work in one click
    your windows theme is also different because the new themes are modified specifically for applications (shell) OldNewExplorer and StartIsBack/StartAllback
    for better understand here some of my screenshots
    one theme with different windows style builder settings

Last edited by ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡; January 30th, 2024 at 09:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information