Quote Originally Posted by lewycyc View Post
Hi, I recently switched from Win7 to Win10 and I noticed how the font looks different. This also 3 times prevented me from switching my OS. I tried Win11 and 10. On Win7 I had never issues with the font readability. It was always sharp in explorer and also all programs. I just set it to Segoe UI Semibold, DPI scalling 140 and everything was fine. Win 7 had this nice window, where you could setup and customize the font, for some reason this was removed in Win10 xD
On Win10 I tried to replicate this appeareance, but with no luck. The default font is too thin and the semibold is too thick. And don't get me wrong, I like the Segoe UI font but the way it is rendered on screen is bad. The font looks blurry. Some googling showed projects like mactype or BetterClearTypeTuner. So I guess, when people ale making tools for this, there is indeed an issue and not only my imagination.
So as you are more epxerienced with customizing Windows than I am, what are you thoughts, opinions on this? Have you ever noticed this? What are you favourite settings for the system font?

Any help is appreciated

Here first image Win7, perfectly readible. 2nd image Win10 blurry.

I don't know if you have found a resolution for this, but, I have similar issues with Windows 11 and the font situation. I don't know why they took away our ability to customize every font we see. Back in the XP days, and even before, there was a way to customize every font, from tool tip, to inactive title bar, to button fonts, and everything in between. My eyesight has greatly diminished over the years, which makes it difficult to see the super skinny fonts at their normal size. I just hate having to enlarge EVERYTHING on my screen, just to read some of the stuff on a web site or wherever. I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to customize things they way we could in the past....does anyone know?