Quote Originally Posted by Shemhamforash View Post
Understandable to think that. However, you can check Mr Grim's thread and you will find a version that is suitable to use on W10/11. https://virtualcustoms.net/showthrea...TH2-RS1/page11
I see mentions of TH2 and RS1 versions of Windows 10 which I never heard of before. I am using 21H1, will that be a problem? That stylehack seemed to be released in the early Win10 days, would it work with the latest Win10? The updates constantly screw up customizations.

Btw, I solved the dialog box text problem by selecting "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Personalization > Colors settings in Windows. It's finally white like it should be.

I solved the white background problems by copying all the settings from the DarkMode* entries into the respective regular mode entries. It seems I had to add properties to certain areas to make the white background dark. This is the biggest problem for a rookie because I can't search for a color that doesn't exist.

So far my only remaining problems are the text in the Run window and the lack of highlighting when I hover over files in details view. I tried editing ItemsView > FOCUSRECT which I discovered is responsible for this feature yet it still doesn't work, so there must be a conflict with some other property.

The msstyleseditor.exe is the file selected and the .reg file is the one I am hovering the mouse over. This is how it should look.
Attachment 93606

And this is the Luna10 theme I'm trying to modify, nothing happens when I hover over the files.
Attachment 93607

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Directions welcome.