Quote Originally Posted by nicely View Post
i know an old trick (didnt tried in windows 10 yet)
but the trick to preserve digital signature is, 1st memorize how much bytes with minimum details, after changing what u want in explorer.exe

verify if the volume gets bigger then suppoed to be, you can delete anything that wont affect explorer

after that, look how much bytes or kbytes are missing and create a new false file with the same exact amount of bytes that are missing,
and leave the explorer.exe with the same size as the original, then the digital signature will come back automatically as if had not been changed. Greatings and sorry bout my english
I haven't tried that. But it will be hard, since the images/icons make the explorer's size to be larger significantly, and what to be deleted to retain the original size. Here I'm trying to replace the white images/icons with the black ones, since I'm using light taskbar (light taskbar with white icons is bad contrast). The images/icons are actually from the original explorer. I don't know how to tell Windows to use the black icons, since Windows 10's default theme is black taskbar with white icons, eventhough the black icons actually exist inside explorer.

I also tried to remove the digital signature from original explorer, and Windows still be able to run it. But with edited explorer, Windows refuse to run it. I wonder why, maybe its not because of the size of the explorer, but the hash of explorer (excluded the additional digital signature inside explorer). Its just my intuition, but I don't know whether its true or not.